Sunday, June 12, 2011

Permission

I was completely conflicted about how to feel.  I didn't know if I should ball my ever lovin' eyes out. Should I be totally quiet and introverted for a while? Could I talk to someone who would understand? Am I even allowed to be sad?
I was told to...
cry if I needed to
be quiet if that would help
talk if it would make things easier
and that it's ok to be sad.

The strangest thing happened once I was told all this.   It made it easier. Easier to deal with. Easier to talk about. Even easier to think about. I try to deal with it when it comes up but not dwell on it. I feel like I have made a lot of progress since hearing from someone I love and trust that it's ok to feel whatever way I was feeling.  She basically gave me permission to feel however was natural for me to feel.  


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. This word not only describes your blog and this particular posting, but it also describes you, as a friend, as a mommy, as a wife, as my family and as a 'sister'. You are the definition of beautiful. Thank you for being a part of my life. I am so sorry that this is something that we share, but it is also something we can grow in together. It iS ok to feel any way you are feeling. There is no right or wrong. God can take it all. He is God. He isn't weak. He gives us strength to carry on, and have joy again. Through all of this, I have been so amazed at the depth of His love. The true meaning of unconditional. I love you, Tila. This posting is so completely from your heart. I felt every single word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears
    Slowly trickling to the crease of my nostrils

    Lump
    Firmly lodged in my throat

    Heart
    Bursting with so much love for you

    ReplyDelete