Thursday, April 21, 2011

Worth Every Tear

Today I looked at my daughter and thought about all the times I have cried, been mad, been tired, or just plain impatient with her.  I asked my 18 month old to forgive me my short comings as a mother.  I asked her to hang with me through this child raising business and we will both turn out fine.  I can't express how much I love her.  How much she has changed me, shaped me, and made me an all around better person. She has changed the inconsistent and always wanting to please everyone else person that I was into the confident and strong woman that I have slowly become.  It's a process for sure. It was not over night.  It took all those tears. All those mad, tired, and impatient moments were to make me better.  She is only 18 months and already I have seen how she has changed me.  I can only imagine how she will change me for the rest of my life. 

 

3 comments:

  1. ohhh she is SO adorable and i just know that you're heart is for her and for God! love seeing that shine through =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking for forgiveness at any age is good. Leading by example. With Joy, Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you, Tila. You're a superb mother. Teaching May to seek and give forgiveness is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete